How Do You Wash Delicate Clothes?
If you want your clothes to last, especially if youíve spent a lot of money, you need to take care of them. When washing:
- Turn clothes inside out. This preserves the color.
- Set the washing machine to the delicates (or shortest) cycle (about 30 minutes). Any longer wastes energy and damages the fibers.
- Use a light organic detergent. Itís kinder to the environment and the fabric. If you prefer washing powder, use less.
- Wash lingerie in a mesh bag. It prevents the underwire in bras from breaking through the delicate fabric, and saves you time by not having to hand-wash.
- Donít dry your clothes in direct sunlight as this will fade garments.